So, you have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Excellent! Thank you for protecting your health and the health of our community.
If you have been fully vaccinated (2 doses):
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) cautions that it takes two weeks after your second dose for your body to build full protection to the virus.
- You can gather indoors with other fully vaccinated people without wearing masks or physically distancing.
- You can also gather with people who are at low-risk for the disease, such as children, without masks or physical distancing.
- If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 but you do not show any symptoms, you do not have to quarantine or get tested.
Here are some things that haven’t changed:
- When you are in public places, continue to wear your masks and practice physical distancing.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Keep practicing good hand hygiene.
If you have not received your second dose:
- Make sure you have scheduled your second shot. You will develop some immunity after your first shot but it is not complete without the second.
- Keep practicing safe habits.
Here are some guidelines for staying safe:
- Wear your mask! Even if you’ve received both shots of the vaccine, you can still be a carrier and “shed” the virus on others, even if you have no symptoms.
- Avoid crowds. To protect the health of others, keep wearing your mask and remain six feet apart, for now.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Are the people around you being careful, too? Do you feel safe?
- Keep practicing good hand hygiene. Wash your hands with hot water and soap. Use hand sanitizer when you can’t wash.
- Encourage others to get vaccinated! If you’re a Tk-12 school employee in San Diego County, visit www.vebavaccinates.com today!
Check out some of our COVID-related videos here:
- CDC Guidelines on Fully Vaccinated People
- Common questions about the COVID-19 vaccination
- Do I really need the vaccine?
- Do I still need the vaccine if I’ve already had COVID?
- Will I get sick from the COVID-19 vaccine?
- A Candid Conversation About Getting the COVID Vaccine
- 3 Takeaways from Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
For our full playlist of COVID-19 informational videos, visit our YouTube channel.