15 Minutes (plus time for Crema)
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 231 Cal
- Fat: 10.6g (4.3g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Protein: 10g
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (avocado oil or olive oil)
- ½ medium yellow or red onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 2 cans of 15 oz. organic black beans (reserve ½ of the can and rinse these only)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Greek yogurt (with or without dairy)
- 2 Tbsp each of chopped cilantro and chopped green onions, for garnish
- Jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- In a 4 quart pot, add cooking oil and heat over medium-high.
- Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook another 1 minute.
- Add beans with liquid; reserving ½ can for garnish.
- Add cumin, coriander, chipotle peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend in blender until pureed. Add back to the stove to warm. Adjust consistency with vegetable stock or water. Add in apple cider vinegar.
- Garnish with Greek yogurt, cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno.