Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 312 Cal
- Fat: 15.5g (2.9g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 24.3g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Sugar: 11.3g
- Protein: 25.5g
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (we prefer Avocado Oil)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey, Extra Firm Tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes, or Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup finely diced Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Cup finely diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup grated Carrot
- 1 Cup small diced Red or Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2-1 Cup Water
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 Ounces Tomato Paste (1/2 of a 6 ounce can)
- 7-8 Ounces Tomato Sauce (about half a 15 ounce can)
- Half a pinch of Ground Cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Parsley Leaves
- Over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté the turkey, beef, or tofu until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil. Add the onions, celery, carrots, and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Splash in 1-2 Tbsp. of water to steam and soften the vegetables.
- When vegetables are softened, add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the tomato sauce and all of the other ingredients with the exception of the spinach and parsley. Cook, while stirring, another 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the spinach and parsley and stir just until the spinach is wilted.