Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 139 Cal
- Fat: 11.7g (1.7g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Protein: 2g
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup roughly chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1 each 28-ounce Can San Marzano Tomatoes, drained; liquid reserved and roughly chopped
- 2 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 small bunch of Basil; Leaves cut crosswise into thin strips (divided)
- One 5-ounce can albacore tuna packed in olive oil
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Cooked Pasta Noodles or Zucchini Noodles
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until slightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capers, lemon zest, and olives and fry 2 more minutes. This will release some of the flavors of the capers and olives into the oil.
- Cook until the tomatoes are slightly dry, about 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved tomato juices, half of the basil, and salt to taste and cook until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold in the spinach leaves and add the tuna with its oil, breaking it up with a fork, and season with salt.
- Garnish with remaining basil.