Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 3.2 g (Saturated Fat: 0.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 21.1g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Sodium: 405mg
- 1 Tbsp oil (your choice)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 green chiles, minced (can be seeded for less heat, use more or less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Indian spice blend such as Garam Masala (recipe in Notes below)
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, or 1 ½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cups red lentils
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the instant pot using the saute function, medium heat, and add the oil and onion, garlic, ginger, chiles. Fry until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spices: spice blend, coriander, and cumin, along with the salt. Stir to combine and cook for about 60 seconds, then add the tomatoes and spinach and turn off the saute function.
- Add the lentils and water and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro for garnish and serve with brown rice.
- Use our Garam Masala spice mix for this dish. Click here for the recipe.
- Pair this dish with brown rice. Click here for our recipe.