Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 290 Cal
- Fat: 9.1g (1.5g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 39.5g
- Fiber: 15.4g
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.9g
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans, rinsed, drained (3 cups cooked)
- 3 Tbsp. Garbanzo Bean Liquid
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Dried Chipotle or Chili Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 1/3 Cup Oat Flour (you can purchase oat flour or pulse rolled oats in a food processor or blender)
- Open 2 cans of chickpeas. Reserve 3 Tbsp. of the bean liquid (otherwise known as aquafaba). You can discard the rest.
- Pulse the garbanzo beans in a food processor or mash with a fork.
- Add the aquafaba, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, chipotle, 1 Tbsp. oil, lime juice, and lime zest and combine until incorporated. Add the cilantro, green onions, and oat flour.
- Let the chickpea sit for 10 minutes or up to a day in advance so that the oat flour absorbs any of the extra liquid.
- Using clean, damp hands; form into 24 (each 3/4 inch high by 1 inch) wide shapes.
- Add the remaining Tbsp. of oil to the air fryer.